Disruptive and Emerging Risk Management
Is your management of disruptive and emerging risk adequate? If your organization is like most, the answer is probably no. As presented in the 2018 National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD) Blue Ribbon Commission Report on Adaptive Governance: Board Oversight of Disruptive Risk, only 19% of directors have confidence in management’s ability to address disruptive and emerging risk. Four significant challenges undermine adequate management of disruptive and emerging risk:
- Standard enterprise risk management (ERM) programs are not designed to capture them and they have no credible means to measure them;
- Each type of disruptive risk has unique characteristics and complexities;
- We have a neurological blind spot for risks we haven’t experienced along with numerous cognitive biases that distort our perceptions of risk; and,
- You don’t know how to measure the return on investment (ROI) for risk mitigation expenditures on disruptive or emerging risks.
Overcome these challenges to disruptive and emerging risk with PRO Enterprise Management Methods and Analytics in as little as thirty minutes.
Disruptive and emerging risk includes:
- Rapid Speed of Disruptive Innovations and New Technologies
- Cyber Threats
- Regulatory Changes and Increased Regulatory Scrutiny
- Impacts from Climate Change